Kitchen Chat and more…
Kitchen Chat and more…
Las Vegas, Nevada is known as the casino gambling capital of the world. Given the adult nature of many of the city’s top entertainment venues and nightspots, Las Vegas is also known as Sin City. Even the city’s tourism industry promotes the tagline, “ What Happens in Las Vegas Stays in Las Vegas.”
While casino gambling and sports betting still drive the local economy, there is much more to do here as a vacation destination. You could even say that Las Vegas is a great place for family fun. To prove the point, Buzz Feed once posted its top 23 fun things to do for visitors under 21. Below are a few highlights from that original list.
1. Most casino gamblers know that The Venetian is one of the top destinations on the famous Las Vegas Strip. However, how many visitors know that you can take the whole family on a gondola ride at this top resort as well? Best of all, the ride is actually indoors so weather will never interfere with the family run.
2. Every kid loves M&M’s candy, so why not take the whole family to M&M’s World. The four-story attraction has everything and anything you can think of when it comes to this famous treat. You can even personalize some M&M’s with your own message.
3. Caesars Palace features an ice cream parlor reminiscent of New York’s famous Serendipity 3. At the top of the list for every visitor should be a “Frrrozen Hot Chocolate” drink as one of the biggest selling items on the menu.
4. Also on the list at Caesars Palace is the “Fall of Atlantis.” This free show is only 11 minutes long and it is replayed on the hour. It features impressive special effects as well as entertaining animatronic statues.
5. Much of Las Vegas’s past can be traced to the famous mobsters that blazed the trail west to this dessert town. At the Mob Museum, adults will be fascinated with all the ties to some of the most notorious gangsters of that era. Kids will be entertained by a multi-media presentation along with various artifacts that help paint the town’s tainted past.
7. There is nothing more thrilling than taking a ride on a roller coaster. The Strat offers up a thrill ride that actually does the opposite by propelling riders 160 feet into the air in just 2.5 seconds.
8. The Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay features 15 different varieties of sharks. Adding to the adventure are more than 2000 other interesting animals. Two of the top attractions besides sharks are crocodiles and an eight-foot-long Komodo dragon.
9. The Bellagio has always been one of the top attractions on the Las Vegas Strip. Framed by the famous fountains located in front of this casino resort, kids will be mesmerized by the free water shows. The shows take place throughout the day. However the best time to enjoy the amazing combination of water, lights and music are when the sun goes down.
Previous New Article:
There are a lot of things going on in the October 1 Las Vegas Shooter suicide. While it is now over four months after the mass shooting, the horror remains. A lot of people are still in various hospitals. They continue to nurse injuries after the shooting. Stephen Paddock starts to shoot at a crowd outside the Mandalay Bay Hotel. The group is ready and busy enjoying rock concert. Organizers of the concert, the Mandalay Bay operator is not aware of the shooter.
The man walks into the hotel like a regular visitor several days before the concert. Nobody knows his aim. Until the D-day, the management is not aware. Investigations after the shooting now indicate that he books a room early. He doesn’t allow anybody into his hotel suite on the 32nd floor, which is for the longer part of his stay. When he starts to shoot on the crowd on October 1, 2017, the group and security are not aware. He kills 58 people and leaves several others with gunshot wounds.
Several people go to the hospital. They are in good condition and leave the hospital for home. But others, who suffer many injuries, are still in the hospital. When the shooting starts, it is evident that the management calls for the police. By the time officers arrive at the 32nd floor, Stephen Paddock is dead. Police later say that after shooting at the crowd, Stephen kills himself. The investigation is going on for four months now. Upon concluding the report, police release it to the public.
Sgt. Jerry MacDonald from the Metropolitan Police Department speaks. He says that when offers arrive in the room, he is dead. “He kills himself before anyone gets into the room,” MacDonald tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal. This latest report clears the mess surrounding earlier rumors. Immediately after the shooting and his death, many people say that police witness his death. This allegation will mean that a police officer or police officers kill the shooter.
But now police say that nobody bears witness how the shooter dies. Police conclude that the Las Vegas shooter kills himself. He ensures that he does so before anyone else enters the room. One such a report says that the officers see Stephen Paddock kill himself. In fact, the report is out on October 2, 2017, which is a few hours after the shooting. The report alleges that police, who are the first to enter Stephen’s room, see him. By the time the police break into his room, they find him placing a gun on himself. He then shoots one round, which kills him.
MacDonald is the officer who requests for the search warrant the morning of October 2. He says that this is one of the most unclear reports about his SWAT officers. “That night was crazy. You get information on the Las Vegas shooter coming in. It’s fluid. You cannot confirm any of the information. It is very raw, and much of it is pure hearsay, which happens when you’re doing telephonic search warrants. You base those search warrants on what you believe up to that point,” says MacDonald.
Previous News Article: MGM Raises Parking Fee Four Months After Mandalay Bay October 1 Mass Shooting .
If you are planning to visit MGM Resorts, beware that you will pay more to park. The resorts are increasing parking lot fee at different rates. The parking fee rates are at different intervals. The casino conglomerate says that the fee hike mainly affects the four-hour mark. But in many facilities, the price stays static up to 24 hours. When raising the fee, MGM Resorts is categorizing its resorts. For instance, there is core, luxury, and ultra-luxury, which means that the parking lot fee varies from category to category.
The parking fee is most high in facilities that are most expensive. These are ultra-luxury.Las Vegas resorts that are under this category are Vdara, the Bellagio, and Aria. A majority of the facilities belong to the core. In this list, you will get Luxor, Excalibur, and Circus Circus. There is no precise definition as to where other facilities lie. But because there are three categories, it is easy to say they belong to ‘Luxury.’
When introducing the new prices, MGM says that all its Las Vegas properties are in this program. The kind of parking that we are talking about is self-parking. As for valet parking, the increase is uniform across all properties. In a statement on the price rise, MGM Resorts says it is necessary.
“Occasional parking rate adjustments are necessary, which is in order. We are also fine-tuning our staff, maintenance, and equipment. We will continue to do so until we meet guest expectations,” MGM Resorts says. The new parking fee price change starts to work on Wednesday. It affects all the 11 Las Vegas properties. For a long time, the Strip is offering visitors free parking. Above all, this stops in 2016. During this time, MGM Resorts makes the announcement. It is the first casino company to introduce parking levy.
After introducing the fee, Caesars follow suit. Soon afterward, Wynn Resorts join the bandwagon. In the end, almost all high-end facilities in the Strip start charging parking fees. MGM Resort raises its parking fees for the first time in April 2017. During this debut parking fee rise, the facility does not give any explanation. The casino management says that it is raising the fees for a reason. The casino will use the additional parking fee to improve the parking lot.
Besides, the casino company says that the remaining money will go to the construction of a garage. Granted, MGM is currently building a garage near its Excalibur facility. The 3, 000-space garage will offer visitors more ample space. There’s Free Parking.
Now that MGM’s 11 facilities are hiking parking lot fees, what is there for visitors? Will there be free parking at the Strip? There is. But you have to look around if you need free parking. There are a few facilities that still offer free parking. Visitors can pull to Fashion Show Mall and the Palazzo Resorts. Sands Venetian also gives visitors free parking. The MGM Resorts parking fee increment is raising mixed reactions. “After the Mandalay Bay mass shooting, facilities beg for visitors. Now that visitors are returning to the Strip, they are hiking fees. This isn’t a good time,” says casino employee.
Previous News Article: It Will Take Time To Heal For Las Vegas Shooting Victims .