Kitchen Chat and more…
Kitchen Chat and more…
Steve Wynn is a man to watch. The casino entrepreneur is building the fourth resort in Las Vegas. Wynn is making the hotel at a time many people do not expect. After the October 1 Mandalay Bay Hotel shooting, business falls. It is possible to use this as an excuse for expansion. But Steve doesn’t do this. Instead, the billionaire casino mogul is focusing on how to make things even better. According to him, building a Las Vegas hotel is his pride. Above all, this is what he wants to do. Whether he is a young man or an old man. He wants to build more hotels. Also, this is of course if he has the resources at hand.
The new hotel will have 3, 000 suites. The rooms will be different from what other three hotels have. Steve Wynn says that they will have TV screens with over 80-inches. Besides, Steve says that they will have the ceiling to floor windows. These will give visitors a perfect view of the Strip. He goes on to say that each room will have a spacious bathroom. Everything in the rooms will be exceptional.
The interviewer asks Wynn whether according to him the rooms will be affordable. “Well, they are. But I can assure you that the price can be more than double the current price,” he says. Wynn goes on to defend his price saying that the rooms are big. Amenities are exceptional. On average, rates on the proposed hotel will cost $400 per night. Currently, the average price of a hotel room in Las Vegas is $149. But there are others that stretch to stretch to somewhere $249 or even more.
The new hotel will sit where Frontier hotel lies at one point. It is not far from Wynn’s other two properties. In fact, the casino magnate says that he will join the new casino with others. He will use an air-conditioned hallway to connect the resorts. Steve says that he doesn’t see why he cannot have more than 8, 000 rooms. Why? He quickly answers, “The hotel business is profitable. With our hotel rates, we operate at 50/60 percent of the business in the rooms section.”
The casino mogul has a lot to say when the interviewer seeks to know more. For instance, he asks Wynn if he feels that he is building many rooms. He is also supposed to address the issue of higher hotel room rates in Vegas. “There is nowhere in the world you can get a room like that at that rate. Above all, this is a town of 160,000 rooms, in the middle of 6 million square feet of convention space. Also, there are at least 500,000 or 600,000 feet of our own. Vegas has ballrooms and meeting rooms of the highest caliber. And I’m going to get those damn buildings up as fast as I can. I want to capture more of the inevitable tourist traffic. Las Vegas will experience in the next 15 to 20 years,” Wynn adds.
Previous News Article: Las Vegas October 1 Shooting Site To Be Named A SWAT Center .
It has been about four months since the Vegas massacre. After going through 3 months of sadness, the Las Vegas shooting site is recovering. During the three months, the site is not open. Now, the event space is open. The operator of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, MGM Resorts is now saying something.
The operator says they may create Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) commander center. The events center where the shooting occurred is part of the Las Vegas village. Above all, this is a property occupying some 15 acres. MGM Grand Resorts owns the property.
With that hint from the owner, there’re chances that one day, the site might be a SWAT center. Many will remember it as the venue of the deadliest shooting in history. In a statement that was out last week, MGM is still contemplating. The owner, together with stakeholders is considering what to do with the venue. There are chances that a SWAP will take the site.
Although there is the mention of the center, MGM is yet to complete deliberations. “Utilizing a part of The Village site for law enforcement is one option. Of course, there’re a few other options we’re exploring with Metro,” explained Debra DeShong.
The Las Vegas village is an open events center. Above all, this is the venue where more than 22, 000 people are gathering. The night of October 1, 2017, was a good time for the crowd. The people were in the village to attend to a country music concert. Meanwhile, a lone attacker was preparing his riffles planning to attack. He finally managed to shoot to the crowd. The lone attacker was later identified as Stephen Paddock. He had moved to a room on the 32nd floor of the hotel days before the event.
He shot at the crowd, killing 58 people. He left 546 others with various injuries. Stephen killed himself inside his room before police arrived. MGM Resorts spokesperson added that if the venue becomes a SWAT center, there will be no training. DeShong said that the place would handle other things about SWAT but not train.
The Las Vegas SWAT is a small team of about 40 experts. The team is in charge of all attacks. But, the team only handles those attacks that are dangerous or high-risk.
SWAT is also responsible for the security of high-profile politicians. It is this team that offers protection to the President or his Vice when they visit Vegas. For instance, it is SWAT that provided security to VP Mike Pence. The VP was in Las Vegas last week. The security team deployed several mechanisms. Among the tools were sniffer dogs. Also present were snipers and helicopters.
Officers from the Metro Police Department are still investigating the Mandalay Bay shooting. Others assisting in the investigation are agencies from the federal laws. Besides, the State of Nevada is also involved in the probe. On the Las Vegas shooting site becoming a SWAT center, not all are happy. Doug Poppa a former casino security director at the Strip is unhappy. He says the timing is bad. He argues people need time to heal.
Previous News Article: Britney Spears Stays In Las Vegas For Concerts In 2018 .
Britney Spears is gaining the confidence of casino magnets in Las Vegas. It is here in Sin City the singer is performing for the past four years. During these four years, Britney Spears performs at Planet Hollywood. It is here the American actress and singer does 250 shows. Unfortunately, Britney’s contract of performing at the facility ends on December 31, 2017.
The singer can pocket handsome money from the 249 times she appears on stage. However, she only appears for 90 minutes for every performance. It seems that all the exercises and moves the singer makes on stage don’t tire her. There is a word that she is again going back to Vegas. Britney, 36, is a perfect emblem of the youth. Many of her followers are the young generation. When news goes around that she is pitching a tent at MGM Grand Resorts, here fans are happy.
Although the news is sweet, fans have to wait a while longer. Britney is not going to perform in 2018. She will start her performance in 2019. U.S. Weekly is reporting that Britney is already in a deal with MGM Resorts. The journal says that the singer will, however, wait until the theater is complete.
Currently, MGM Resorts is renovating the Monte Carlo facility. The casino conglomerate is using $450 million to renovate the facility. It will change its current state into two separate services. Upon completion, Britney Spears will perform inside The Park Theater. Above all, this is a 5, 300-seat hall from where Britney will perform starting 2019. U.S. Weekly says that the singer is already in a deal. But the casino thinks they cannot speak on mere speculation and rumor.
Jenn Michaels, the MGM spokesperson, says that it is difficult to speak on a rumor. “We don’t ever respond to speculation or rumors,” the spokesperson says. During her stay at the Planet Hollywood, the facility sells an upward of $135 million worth of tickets. But the casino does not want to disclose the amount it’s paying the singer per show.
Forbes is suggesting that it is possible Planet Hollywood is paying the singer $500, 000 for a performance. Remember that the singer performs 90 minutes per show. Above all, this is what she does in her 249 performances while at Axis. On what MGM is planning to give the singer when she performs in 2019, nobody knows. But the facility says it is an offer that no one will deny.
Although Britney Spears is performing at MGM Grand facility, she will not be the first one. The service will host Lady Gaga. There are other performers. They include Ricky Martin, who together with Cher have recurring shows. The other musician is Bruno Mars. The difference, however, is that Spears will have her residence at the facility in 2019.
MGM Resorts intend to continue enticing the younger generation. There is no better strategy than inviting young singers. Britney Spears and Lady Gaga fit the bill. The two singers are 36, and 31 respectively.
Previous News Article: The Mandalay Bay Hotel Staff Interacts With Shooter More Than 10 Times Before Shootout? .